PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a BACKGROUND ARIST to join our Studio and our new and exciting series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Working closely with the Art director to assist in the creation of environment layouts and digitally painted backgrounds
- Translating existing Storyboards and reviewing Animatics to produce to clean layouts and final painted backgrounds for Animation
- Maintain the style and execution of the backgrounds as per requirements of the production
- Make any changes or revisions as necessary while working efficiently to meet production deadlines
- Work collaboratively with team members and ensuring open communication
- An in-depth knowledge of Photoshop is required
- Knowledge of Harmony is a plus.
- Understanding of background design or layout for 2D Animation an asset
- A strong understanding of perspective, and dimension
- A Solid grasp of composition, colour theory, layout and design.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Capable of taking direction and working collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: Background Artist in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.