PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a 2D Character Designer to join our Studio and our new and exciting series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Create characters in ToonBoom Harmony as required for use by various departments within the animation pipeline.
- Collaborate with Design Supervisor and Asset Coordinator to troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- 2+ years of previous experience on an animation production
- Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, and Harmony
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Character Designer in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.