PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a 2D Layout Supervisor to join our Studio and our new and exciting series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Be primarily responsible for translating panels from storyboards to layouts that will serve as the production backgrounds.
- Be responsible for overseeing both layout and final camera framing and movement on the production, as well as maintaining continuity across sequences.
- Collaborate with the Director and/or Art Director, and Head of Studio Operations upon style, processes, schedule and deliveries.
- Work closely with the Director or Art Director to maintain the visual style of the film
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and drive the Layout team to achieve these creative goals
- Be responsible for defining the layout department workflow and disseminating techniques and common practices to the rest of the team.
- Provide detailed and specific feedback to the Layout team when necessary
- Maintain tracking systems
- Work closely with production team to ensure all targets are met and identify any issues that may impact the schedule
- Be responsible for taking on some of the work and keeping up with your own quota in order to meet deadlines
- Be responsible for producing rough and clean designs
- 3+ years of experience in Harmony Builds
- Experience with drawing in Adobe Photoshop on Cintiq
- A strong desire to mentor a team of artists,
- Previous experience in a supervisor position is an asset
- Technically inclined, solution-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong, expressive drawing skills
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet individual and team deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Layout Supervisor in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.