PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a 2D Location Designer to join our Studio.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Read the production script and interpret the location descriptions through drawings
- Ensure that all designs are production friendly and can be used within scenes
- Adhere to the production guidelines regarding file types and sizes
- Take care of all revisions in a timely manner and track all versions of designs
- Clean up approved designs so they can be ready to be painted
- 2+ years of previous experience on an animation production
- Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, and Harmony
- Understanding of perspective and composition and a sense of place and environment
- Strong composition and perspective skills
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Location Designer in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.